World Book Day 2018 will take place on the 1st of March, motivating children and adults to dress up as their beloved characters. From Charles Dickens to Harry Potter, await to see a wide range of fancy dress costumes from the world of literature. Here are some ideas for your school to get involved.
The Idea behind Book Clubbing
Book clubbing is about encouraging readers of all ages to spread their love of reading & books at #ShareAStory. Presented by iconic vlogger Grace Victory, there will be contributions from many young people, influencers & authors, discussing & reading from their favourite books and how they share them with others. Visit Worldbookday.com/bookclubbing/ & watch the new film. Its a perfect starting point to celebrate World Book Day with your students.
Ways to get involved
- Share the video in your classrooms & on social media.
- Encourage students to join the movement to spread the word – and let everyone know they've watched the video.
How to do it
- Share the front cover of their favourite books on their desired social media channel, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram using the hashtag #ShareAStory
- Start a Young Adult Book Club, run by students
- Lend and swap favourite books with friends
- Post a short video online about why they love a particular story
For information on our Literary tours visit schooltours.co.uk/school-trips/english
or for Primary students visit schooltours.co.uk/school-trips/primary-schools.