Promoting Your Study Tour
In our experience, promoting a tour can be difficult to organise. It takes time to prepare posters & powerpoint presentations (see below). We can help with this by providing you with a Galina presentation (in powerpoint format) that can be tailored to your requirements & used in an assembly, parents' meeting or presentation to SLT &/or Governors.
Organising Your Study Tour
- Request a 'Galina Curriculum Matrix' which clearly demonstrates the direct educational relevance of a Galina study tour.
- Examine cross-curricular possibilities. You may find that we can offer another subject in the same location (e.g. Paris). This may help to boost your numbers & reduce the price per student.
- You may be able to access funding for your tour through current curriculum initiatives.
- If you have a tight budget, consider travelling in our low season (beginning of September to end of February) & take advantage of our lower price per student.
- Look at possible alternative routes - if you are in the Midlands, north of England or Scotland, then travelling via Hull can be an option worth considering.
- Travelling via Hull, if you are within a couple of hours of the port, may also save on the cost of supply or cover supervisors.
Talk to your EVC & Headteacher about possible dates for your study tour. This should always be your starting point.
Request a Galina powerpoint presentation to help promote your study tour
Organise a slot in assembly to advertise the tour to students.
Send a letter to parents outlining the tour details. Include a Galina curriculum matrix with your letter to demonstrate the direct educational relevance of your proposed study tour.
Consider organising sponsored events to raise money for your study tour & reduce the cost to each student.